Zocor Side Effects
Rare Zocor Side Effects
During clinical studies, some side effects occurred in less than 1 percent of people taking Zocor. Because these side effects are so uncommon, it is difficult to tell whether they are caused by the medication or something else.
Some of these rare side effects of Zocor include but are not limited to:
- Muscle cramps
- Muscle aches (see Zocor and Muscle Aches)
- Serious breakdown of muscle (known as rhabdomyolysis)
- Joint pain (see Zocor and Joint Pain)
- Memory loss (see Zocor and Memory Loss)
- Depression (see Zocor Side Effect-Depression)
- Allergic reactions
- Breast development in boys (gynecomastia)
- Worsening of cataracts
- Itchy skin
- Unexplained rash
- Impotence (also known as erectile dysfunction or ED)
- Increased liver enzymes (see Zocor and Liver Problems)
- A spinning sensation (vertigo).
Final Thoughts on Side Effects With Zocor
You may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Zocor. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be a Zocor side effect, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.