A generic version of Zocor, which is sold under the name Simvastatin tablets, is available in several strengths. A few of these strengths include 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, 40 mg, and 80 mg. Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals manufactures Simvastatin tablets 80 mg, while IVAX Pharmaceuticals makes all of the other strengths listed.
Is a Generic Version of Zocor Available?Zocor® (simvastatin) is a prescription medication that has been licensed to treat several conditions. These Zocor uses include:
- Treatment of high cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia)
- Treatment of high triglycerides
- Prevention of heart or blood vessel disease (known as cardiovascular disease).
In mid-2006, Zocor came off patent and became available in generic form. Generic Zocor is sold under the name Simvastatin tablets.
Generic Zocor is available in the following strengths:
- Simvastatin tablets 5 mg
- Simvastatin tablets 10 mg
- Simvastatin tablets 20 mg
- Simvastatin tablets 40 mg
- Simvastatin tablets 80 mg.
Generic Zocor is manufactured by two companies. IVAX Pharmaceuticals makes Simvastatin tablets (5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, and 40 mg), while Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals makes Simvastatin tablets 80 mg.