The recommended dosage of Vascepa for treating high triglycerides is 4 grams a day, which is taken as 2 capsules twice daily with food. It is important to swallow the capsules whole. You should also follow your healthcare provider's instructions for any changes in your diet or exercise.
An Introduction to Dosing With VascepaThere is only one standard dose for Vascepa™ (icosapent ethyl). As is always the case, do not adjust the amount unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
What Is the Recommended Vascepa Dosage for High Triglycerides?The recommended daily Vascepa dose for treating high triglycerides is 4 grams (4000 mg) a day. This should be taken as two capsules twice daily.
General Information on Taking VascepaSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Vascepa include the following:
- Vascepa comes in capsule form. It is taken by mouth twice a day with food.
- Swallow the capsules whole; do not chew, crush, dissolve, or open them.
- It is important to follow your healthcare provider's recommendations for any diet and exercise changes you need to make. Your healthcare provider may also recommend that you limit alcohol consumption to help lower your triglycerides.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Vascepa dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.