When and How Should I Take Trilipix?
Some general considerations for when and how to take this medication include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a delayed-release capsule. It is taken by mouth once daily.
- You can take Trilipix with food or on an empty stomach.
- You must swallow the capsules whole. Do not chew, crush, dissolve, or open them.
- Be sure to take Trilipix at the same time each day to keep an even level in the blood.
- For Trilipix to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
The dose of Trilipix your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Trilipix Dosage for more information.)
Potential Side Effects
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with Trilipix; however, not everyone who takes it will experience problems. Most people tolerate the drug quite well. If people do develop side effects, in most cases, they are minor, meaning they either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or a healthcare professional. If side effects do occur, most people do not need to stop taking the medicine.
Some of the most common side effects with Trilipix include:
Keep in mind that if you experience unexplained muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness, especially if accompanied by a fever or a feeling of illness, it is important to contact your healthcare provider right away. This could be a sign of a serious, life-threatening muscle problem (see Trilipix and Muscle Pain for more information).
(Click Trilipix Side Effects to learn more about the potential side effects of this drug, including potentially serious side effects you should report to your healthcare provider.)