List of All Statin Drugs
Many different statin medications are available. Some are similar (such as short-acting and long-acting versions of the same drug), and some are combined with non-statin medications.
Currently, the available list of all statin drugs or statin combination medications (listed by brand name) includes:
- Advicor® (niacin extended-release/lovastatin)
- Altoprev® (lovastatin extended-release)
- Caduet® (amlodipine and atorvastatin)
- Crestor® (rosuvastatin)
- Juvisync® (sitagliptin/simvastatin)
- Lescol® (fluvastatin)
- Lescol XL (fluvastatin extended-release)
- Lipitor® (atorvastatin)
- Liptruzet™ (ezetimibe/atorvastatin)
- Livalo® (pitavastatin)
- Mevacor® (lovastatin)
- Pravachol® (pravastatin)
- Simcor® (niacin extended-release/simvastatin)
- Vytorin® (ezetimibe/simvastatin)
- Zocor® (simvastatin).
Some of these statins are available in generic form. Other statins are not commercially available at this time. Some are available in other countries or are currently being studied, but have not yet been approved in the United States.
(Click Statin Drug List for a more in-depth look at a list of all statin drugs. This article also discusses generic statins that are available, as well as some medications that have been taken off the market.)