Cholesterol Home > Zocor Precautions and Warnings
There are many warnings and precautions with Zocor to be aware of. For example, before beginning treatment, tell your healthcare provider if you have heart disease, diabetes, or a family history of high cholesterol. Zocor can cause an increase in enzymes, muscle pain, and rhabdomyolysis. People who should avoid the drug include those who are pregnant or nursing and those with active liver disease or unexplained high liver enzymes.
- Heart disease
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- A family history of high cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia)
- A history of a heart attack or stroke
- Any allergies.
- Are of Chinese descent
- Are pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Will be undergoing a procedure or surgery
- Drink alcohol frequently.