Cholesterol Home > Pravachol Precautions and Warnings
There are certain Pravachol precautions and warnings that you should be aware of before starting the medication. For example, it is important to know that Pravachol may cause an increase in liver enzymes and a higher risk of developing serious muscle conditions. Certain people should not take Pravachol, including pregnant or nursing women, people who are allergic to Pravachol, and those who have active liver disease or unexplained high liver enzymes.
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Had a heart attack or stroke
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant
- Will be undergoing a procedure or surgery
- Drink alcohol frequently.