Cholesterol Home > Lovaza
- Lovaza comes in capsule form. It is taken by mouth, once or twice a day.
- Lovaza can be taken at any time of the day; however, it is best to take the medication at the same time(s) each day.
- You can take this medication with food or on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It is important to follow your healthcare provider's recommendations for any diet and exercise changes you need to make. Your healthcare provider may also recommend that you limit alcohol consumption (to help lower your triglycerides).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.