Cholesterol Home > Lovastatin
Lovastatin is commonly used for the treatment of conditions related to heart disease, such as high cholesterol and high triglycerides. It has been approved for use in both adults and children ages 10 to 17 for high cholesterol treatment. As a type of statin, the medication works by blocking a particular enzyme that controls the rate of cholesterol production in the body.
- Increased liver enzymes (see Mevacor and Liver Problems)
- Muscle pain, known medically as myalgia (see Mevacor and Muscle Pain)
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain).
- Muscle aches (see Mevacor and Muscle Aches)
- Serious breakdown of muscle (known as rhabdomyolysis)
- Joint pain (see Mevacor and Joint Pain)
- Memory loss (see Mevacor and Memory Loss)
- Depression (see Mevacor and Depression).