Cholesterol Home > Lescol
Lescol is licensed for the treatment of high cholesterol and high triglycerides. In people with heart disease, the medication can also decrease the chances of needing a heart procedure (such as angioplasty or open heart surgery) and decrease the rate of cholesterol buildup on the arteries. It works by blocking a particular enzyme that controls the rate of cholesterol production in the body.
- Increases the liver's ability to collect and get rid of LDL cholesterol ("bad cholesterol")
- Increases HDL cholesterol ("good cholesterol")
- Decreases triglycerides.
- Decrease LDL cholesterol by 25 percent
- Decrease total cholesterol by 19 percent
- Decrease triglycerides by 14 percent
- Increase HDL by 4 percent.