Cholesterol Home > Juvisync Warnings and Precautions
Your healthcare provider needs to know if you have a history of liver disease, pancreatitis, or kidney disease before you can start treatment with Juvisync. Other precautions for safely using this medicine include warnings of potential allergic reactions and drug interactions. This medicine can also cause other complications, such as pancreatitis and a potentially life-threatening breakdown of muscles.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Juvisync® (sitagliptin/simvastatin) if you have:
- A history of pancreatitis
- Liver disease, liver failure, or a history of liver disease
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant