Cholesterol Home > Juvisync Side Effects
If you are taking Juvisync, seek immediate medical attention if you develop muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness, especially if these problems occur in combination with a fever. In most cases, however, reactions to this medicine tend to be minor and easily treated. Some of the most commonly reported side effects of Juvisync include common cold symptoms, insomnia, and abdominal (stomach) pain.
An Introduction to Juvisync Side EffectsJust like any medicine, Juvisync® (sitagliptin/simvastatin) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
Common Side Effects of JuvisyncJuvisync contains two separate medications, and it was approved based on information known for those two separate medications. Therefore, at this time, the available information on possible side effects of Juvisync is actually just information about the two drugs used individually (not in combination).
- Bronchitis -- in up to 6.6 percent of people
- Abdominal (stomach) pain -- up to 5.9 percent
- Atrial fibrillation (an irregular heart rhythm) -- up to 5.7 percent
- Stomach irritation (gastritis) -- up to 4.9 percent
- Eczema -- up to 4.5 percent
- A spinning sensation (vertigo) -- up to 4.5 percent
- Diabetes -- up to 4.2 percent
- Insomnia -- up to 4 percent.