Cholesterol Home > Juvisync Dosage
When taking Juvisync, the dosage will depend on other medical conditions you have, other medications you are taking, and various other factors. This medicine comes as a tablet that is taken once daily in the evening. The recommended starting dose is typically 100/40 mg, although lower amounts may be needed if you are taking certain other medicines.
An Introduction to Dosing With JuvisyncThe dosage of Juvisync® (sitagliptin/simvastatin) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Juvisync
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are taking (see Juvisync Drug Interactions)
- Your cholesterol goal.
Juvisync Dosage for High CholesterolThe recommended starting dose of Juvisync for most people with high cholesterol is 100/40 mg, taken once a day in the evening. If you were already taking simvastatin, you can start at the same simvastatin dosage. For instance, if you were taking 20 mg of simvastatin, you can switch to Juvisync 100/20 mg once daily.
- Amiodarone (Cordarone®, Pacerone®)
- Amlodipine (Norvasc®)
- Diltiazem (Cardizem®, Cardizem CD®, Cardizem LA®, Cartia XT®, Dilacor XR®, Dilt-CD®, Diltia XT®, Dilt-XR®, Taztia XT®, Tiazac®)
- Dronedarone (Multaq®)
- Ranolazine (Ranexa®)
- Verapamil (Calan®, Calan® SR, Covera-HS®, Isoptin SR®, Verelan®, Verelan PM®).