Cholesterol Home > Fluvastatin Extended-Release
Fluvastatin extended-release is commonly used to treat conditions relating to heart disease. The medication is licensed for several uses, including the treatment of high triglycerides and high cholesterol. In people with existing heart disease, it can also reduce the rate of cholesterol buildup on the arteries and decrease the chances of needing a heart procedure or surgery. Common side effects include headache, muscle pain, and joint pain.
Are There Side Effects?As with any medicine, side effects are possible with fluvastatin extended-release, but not everyone who takes this drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it well. If side effects do occur, they are usually minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider.
- Muscle pain (see Lescol and Muscle Pain)
- Joint pain (see Lescol and Joint Pain)
- Increased liver enzymes (see Lescol and Liver Problems).
- Serious breakdown of muscle (known as rhabdomyolysis)
- Memory loss (see Lescol and Memory Loss)
- Depression (see Lescol and Depression).