Cholesterol Home > Precautions and Warnings With Fenofibrate
Before starting any prescription medication, you should review all relevant precautions and warnings. With fenofibrate, it's important to know that certain people should not take the medicine, including those who are allergic to the drug, those with severe kidney or liver disease, or those who have gallbladder disease. Precautions and warnings with fenofibrate extend to potential side effects, such as increased liver enzymes, serious muscle problems, or increased risk of gallstones.
- Gallbladder disease or gallstones
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Thyroid gland problems
- An allergy to fenofibrate or to any other medications, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant
- A frequent user of alcoholic beverages.