Cholesterol Home > Caduet
When and How to Take ItGeneral considerations for when and how to take Caduet include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually once daily.
- You can take Caduet with or without food. However, you should not drink grapefruit juice while taking the medication (see Caduet Drug Interactions).
- Swallow the tablets whole. Do not break, cut, chew, or crush them.
- Be sure to take Caduet at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Caduet will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Caduet your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition(s) that are being treated
- How you respond to the drug
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
Side Effects of CaduetAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Caduet. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Swelling or water retention
- Muscle pain.