The recommended Lovaza dosage for the treatment of high triglycerides is 4000 mg a day. This dosage can be taken as four capsules all at once or two capsules twice daily. Your Lovaza dose can be taken at any time of the day, although it should be taken at the same time each day.
There is only one standard dose for Lovaza® (omega-3-acid ethyl esters). As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended Lovaza dose for treating high triglycerides is 4 grams (4000 mg) a day. This can be taken all at once (as four capsules) or as two capsules twice daily.
Your healthcare provider might recommend a lower Lovaza dosage if you are taking the medication "off-label" (for a use other than the FDA-approved use of treating high triglycerides).
Some considerations for people taking Lovaza include the following:
- Lovaza comes in capsule form. It is taken by mouth, once or twice a day.
- Lovaza can be taken at any time of the day; however, it is best to take the medication at the same time(s) each day.
- You can take this medication with food or on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It is important to follow your healthcare provider's recommendations for any diet and exercise changes you need to make. Your healthcare provider may also recommend that you limit alcohol consumption (to help lower your triglycerides).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Lovaza dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.