When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Juvisync include the following:
- Your Juvisync medication should be taken once a day in the evening. You may take this medication with or without food.
- The tablets may be broken or crushed if necessary.
- For Juvisync to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dietary InstructionsIt is recommended that people who are taking Juvisync not drink large quantities of grapefruit juice, as this can increase the levels of simvastatin (one of the active ingredients) in the blood. This could increase the risk for developing serious muscle problems. If you want to continue drinking grapefruit juice, talk to your doctor about other cholesterol-lowering medications that you can take.
As with any cholesterol medication, you should continue to eat a low-fat, low-cholesterol diet as part of your cholesterol-lowering treatment program.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Juvisync your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Juvisync Dosage for more information.)