Crestor Precautions and Warnings
Before starting treatment, make sure you understand the precautions and warnings with Crestor. For example, it's important to consult with your physician if you have certain medical conditions, such as kidney disease, liver disease, or any allergies. Additional precautions include avoiding the drug if you are pregnant; telling your healthcare provider if you drink alcohol frequently; and seeking medical attention right away if you develop muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness.
Before taking Crestor®, you should talk to your healthcare provider if you have:
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- An underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant
- Undergoing a procedure or surgery in the near future
- Of Asian descent
- Drinking alcohol frequently.
As you talk with your healthcare provider, be sure to discuss all the medicines you may already be taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, antacids, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Finally, once you are taking Crestor, be sure to contact your healthcare provider immediately if you experience any muscle pain, weakness, or tenderness -- especially if you have body aches or a fever as well. These could be warning signs of serious Crestor side effects.