Some general considerations include the following:
- Crestor comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- It does not matter if you take it with a meal or on an empty stomach. If it seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with food.
- You can take this medication any time of the day. However, it is best to take it at the same time every day.
- Although some statins can interact with grapefruit, it is okay for people to eat grapefruit while on this medication (see Crestor and Grapefruit).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Crestor will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Crestor your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- The medical condition being treated
- Other existing medical conditions you may have
- Any other medications you may be taking.
As with any drug, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Crestor Dosing for more information.)