Side Effects of Lipitor
People who have high triglycerides or high cholesterol may be able to control their condition by taking Lipitor® (atorvastatin calcium). Side effects are possible with this medication. In clinical trials, some of the more common reactions included:
- Headache -- in up to 16.7 percent of people
- Infections -- up to 10.3 percent
- Muscle pain -- up to 5.6 percent
- Diarrhea -- up to 5.3 percent.
Fortunately, most problems tend to be minor and easily treated. However, some side effects of Lipitor are potentially serious and should be reported to a healthcare provider right away. These include:
- Signs of liver damage
- Signs of an allergic reaction
- Muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness.
(Click Lipitor Side Effects to learn more about other adverse reactions to this drug, including some that might not be related to treatment, and what to do if you experience problems.)