Some considerations for people taking Antara include:
- Antara should be used in combination with lifestyle modifications. This includes a healthy diet low in cholesterol and saturated fats, limited alcohol use, weight loss, and exercise.
- Antara should be taken with a glass of water, with or without food.
- Antara should be taken at the same time every day to help maintain an even level of medicine in the blood. Do not take it more often than directed.
- If you are taking a bile acid sequestrant, make sure to take your Antara more than one hour before the bile acid sequestrant or more than four hours after. Bile acid sequestrants include:
- If you forget to take a dose of Antara, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your normal dosing schedule. Never double your dose of Antara at one time.
- For Antara to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Antara will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Antara or your Antara dosage, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Antara without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.