General Altoprev Dosage InformationSome considerations for people taking Altoprev include:
- Your Altoprev medication should be taken in the evening just before bedtime.
- Do not break, chew, or crush the Altoprev tablets.
- For Altoprev to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Altoprev will not work if you stop taking it.
- Remember that lowering cholesterol begins with lifestyle changes (weight loss, low-cholesterol diet, exercise, etc.). If lifestyle changes do not lower cholesterol to a desirable level, cholesterol medication, such as Altoprev, may be necessary. However, even for people who are taking cholesterol medication, lifestyle changes are still important for maintaining a good cholesterol level.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Altoprev or your Altoprev dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Altoprev without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.