Altoprev and Muscle Pain
Altoprev and Muscle Pain: Drug InteractionsSerious muscle problems are more common when Altoprev is first started or when the Altoprev dosage is increased -- but they can happen at any time. There are also certain medicines that, when taken with Altoprev, can increase the risk of serious muscle problems. These medicines include:
- Certain antibiotics, such as:
- Certain antifungals, such as:
- Colchicine (Colcrys®)
- Cyclosporine (Gengraf®, Neoral®, Sandimmune®)
- Danazol (Danocrine®)
- Fibrates (such as Lopid®, Tricor®, Antara®, Lipofen®, Triglide®, Lofibra™)
- Niacin (nicotinic acid, Niacor®, Niaspan®, Nicolar®)
- HIV protease inhibitors
- Nefazodone (Serzone®)
- Ranolazine (Ranexa®)
- Amiodarone (Cordarone®, Pacerone®)
- Verapamil (Calan®, Calan® SR, Verelan®, Verelan PM, Isoptin®, Covera-HS®).
Grapefruit juice and grapefruit products, including grapefruit supplements, should also be avoided.