Advicor Precautions and Warnings
You should not take Advicor if you:
- Are allergic to Advicor, lovastatin, niacin, or any of the inactive components used in making the drug. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have active liver disease or unexplained high liver enzymes.
- You have active peptic ulcer disease (ulcers of the esophagus, stomach, or upper intestine).
- Have a serious bleeding problem (arterial bleeding).
- Take certain medications (see Advicor Drug Interactions), including:
- Are pregnant or nursing.
There are a number of situations in which Advicor should not be taken, as well as several precautions and warnings to be aware of before starting the drug. However, it is possible that not all issues with Advicor were discussed in this article. Therefore, be sure to talk with your healthcare provider about any precautions and warnings that may apply to you.