Advicor may interact with a number of other medications (see Advicor Drug Interactions for more information).
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Advicor if you have:
- Heart disease
- Had a recent heart attack or stroke
- Unstable angina (a certain type of chest pain)
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Been told you have increased liver enzymes
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- A family history of high cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia)
- A history of stomach ulcers or intestine ulcers
- Any bleeding problems
- Any allergies including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant (see Advicor and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Advicor and Breastfeeding)
- Going to be undergoing a procedure or surgery
- Drinking alcohol frequently.
You should also tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you may be taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Advicor Precautions and Warnings for more information, including information on who should not take this medication.)